Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Owl Necklace


I finally have a few photos of my newest project which includes some "upcycled" beads. In my last post I talked about this necklace and how I had taken beads from two different stretch bracelets and added them to this piece. I was pleased with the outcome. :)

The necklace is composed of mainly new pieces, except for the large beads. Those beads have a nice smooth satin finish and a randomly marbled color. The owl pendant was the inspiration for the design. I've seen so many owl items lately. I just had to make one. :)

Sorry I didn't get a good full length picture of the necklace. I really need a display for necklaces. I have looked, but I never bought one. :( That needs to go on the top of my to do list.

I would love to know what you think. Feel free to leave me a comment! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great owl, love that image and the raised look of the piece. Come visit me sometime on my blog and say hi. While you are there enter my give away for hand maade crads.

Shellie
www.spacecoaststampers.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

That is beautiful!

Unknown said...

I think it's a beautiful necklace & I love how your pictures build up to showing off the focal piece. :) Nicely done!

LisaLisa said...

What a beautiful piece!!

Unknown said...

This piece is absolutely gorgeous! I really love it. I am sorry I have been swamped with the Holidays and having very little browsing time.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in those beads. Everything I own would be browns if I had my way!

I've passed an award your way, I hope you'll come by and check it out. :-D